Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Turkey Trot

I hope everyone reading this had a wonderful Thanksgiving and that you are all getting ready for a fun filled December

Last month, I had the pleasure of designing a medal to be given out to winners of our local RWB turkey trot run.  I was holding off on posting it until after their race so the design would stay a surprise to attendees and also so I could get a picture of the final medal.

turkey trot medal

Personally, I'm not a runner, but I really had fun designing and drawing this fast little turkey. I really wanted to do something that would convey the lighthearted and happy spirit of the race.  I think that he has a lot of team spirit in his RWB shirt and colored tail feathers :) Of course, I might be a bit biased.


Turkey trot medal

Too often, we see the same canned, stock designs used over and over for events like this, so I'm really pleased that I could play a small roll in helping the RWB plan a fun turkey trot by giving them a personalized character to use in their race medals.  Hopefully, they enjoyed it as much as I did :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...