Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas Card Adventures

Happy Christmas all my blogging friends!  Wow, it's been a fast and busy Christmas season for me.  I've been busily sewing, crocheting, and drawing all month long.  Plus, I've gotten to visit a few of the wonderful Christmas Markets that Germany has to offer.

My latest (last minute) finish is this year's Christmas card.  It will be my last drawing this year at Practically Pippy and I hope that you all enjoy it.

xmas card 2013wb copy









































I love the sweetness of this card and the look on the boy and girl's faces as they stand under the mistletoe.  Profiles tend to be hard for me to draw, but I really think this ended up worth the effort, and I just love their little clothes.

Thinking of a message was also very important to me and I hope that it expresses the joy and wonder that I wish for everyone at Christmas and the New Year.

xmas card insidewb

 I finally got it completely finished and ready to be sent out to our neighbors.  I used a nice textured card stock; I think that the type of paper used to print cards makes a huge difference in the print quality.

DSCN4338

Now, I'm off to finish wrapping some gifts and delivering jams and jellies to the neighborhood.

Have a great Christmas!


1 comment:

  1. Wonderful card Karen, your neighbours should feel very honoured to be the recipients of such great work!

    I am very jealous of your German Market trips, we went to the Christmas Market in Brussels this year but it wasn't a patch on last year's Market in Dusseldorf so we will be going back to Germany next year :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...