Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Halloween 2014

It's my favorite time of year again!  The leaves are turning, the air is crisp, and the scarves are getting aired out.  It's also time for our annual Bunco Halloween Party.

IMG_7736

I have had the pleasure of hosting two years in a row now, and I love decorating the house so it's nice and spooky for our guests.  If you missed last years decorations you can see them here.  This year, I went for spooky chic with lots of spider webs, spooky art, flying bats, twinkly lights, and Halloween colored tulle swags separating the rooms.

IMG_7720

I learned from last year that lighting is super important when throwing a Bunco Halloween party.  Last year, the overhead lights were on, and it distracted from the spooky decor.  This year, I turned off the overhead lighting and only used fake candles, jack-o-lanterns, and lamps.  The effect was much better and it made a huge difference.

IMG_7752

This year's art was super easy too.  I covered my normal prints with tea stained newspaper and then cut out a spooky vulture (courtesy of the Graphics Fairy) and cat silhouette for each frame out of black wrapping paper.  I then used the left over paper to cut out some bats for the drapes and wall.  I think my favorite part of the living room decor was the witches hat above the paintings.  Next year I think it might be cool to do a whole wall of different witches hats.  What do you think?

IMG_7715

I also loved the dining area decorations. I left my travel plates up, but I covered the art with black poster board and topped it with a skull swag.  

IMG_7716

I used up two silver metallic sharpie pens to make this print.  I don't claim to have the greatest penmanship, but I love this Halloween poem and wanted to include it in the decor.

The Moon has awoken
With the sleep of the Sun
The light has been broken
The spell has begun

I don't know who wrote it, but if anyone else does let me know so that I can give them proper credit.

IMG_7711

Some of the other decorations that we had up are bare branches covered in bats and twinkling lights and a ripped and torn window covering.

 IMG_7758

tulle swags with skull corners

IMG_7706

trash bag spider webs

IMG_7703

and jack-o-lanterns made by the little helpers :)

IMG_7747

We had a great night of Bunco.  I hope this post helps you to haunt your house or party too! 

Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

  1. I'm lost for words! Everything is fantastic! I've never seen such wonderful Halloween decorating :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...